Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Peach Tones

by Nithu..!!!  |  in lifestyle at  3:17 AM

 photo goldish1_zps828f2680.jpg photo goldish3_zps900f6d63.jpg photo peach2_zps0f72cb3b.jpg photo peach1_zps0c633a88.jpg


Being invited to ramble about makeup for Into the Gloss and getting to spend a bunch of time with Eva Chen has gotten me a little more amped on writing about beauty. I’m probably more obsessed with it and also obsessive about it than I let on. If you read through the feature you’ll now know that I’m kind of a crackhead, habitually abusive to my hair, and that I’m equally focused on being faithful to a smallish group of favorites as I am likely to abandon entire categories of products for months at a time. Usually it’s discovering a perfect version of something that gets me back on a certain track. So after a solid while of being “over” powder eyeshadow in favor of a clean cateye or a cream-based taupe color pressed under the lower lashes, Lancôme’s Color Design Palette has me back in its silky clutches. I think my mental issue was that it didn’t seem fresh or dewy all of a sudden to me, and the fallout issue just wasn’t worth dealing with. But there are no freakish colors here and it all just kinda glides on with no bits that get all up in your cornea, just pretty neutrals and a peachy gold color that I decided to model as a blush for you because I didn’t know what section of eyelid it belonged on. I used just enough of the mushroom brown to sink my eyes in a little bit, carefully smudged what was left in the brush underneath mascara-ed bottom lashes, blended highlighter into the browbone, and dotted the gold into the inner corners with a super skinny Muji Q-tip, which by the way are my lifeblood if you really have to know. Thanks Lancôme for restoring the faith!


 photo peach7_zps84f08fe9.jpg




0 comments:

World About India

Continue to Site »