Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Where Am I?

by Nithu..!!!  |  in fashion at  12:23 AM

If you saw the latest runway shows in Paris last week you might think we'd time warped into the 70s. Chunky heels and platforms, funky shapes and colors, and clashes of pattens all over! Burn your bras and drop some acid. Well, no, don't do that.

But do check out these styles from Miu Miu...






And Louis Vuitton...




And Prada of course





What do you think?? Groovy? I'm personally not digging them. I prefer the silhouettes shown last season with nods to the 50's and 60's. More feminine delicate shapes.
Though I will say that I'm glad to see more platforms on the runway again. New York fashion week would have you believe that the platform was dead with all the non-platformed shoes and pointy toe pumps. If you can get a little comfort snuck in with your killer style I'll take it! And we all know a platform is great for adding height without sacrificing comfort.

I'm off to China today kids. Then Tokyo for a quick 2 days. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and let you know what I see in one of my favorite cities in the world!



XOX,

0 comments:

World About India

Continue to Site »